VISTAFOUNDATION 48 HOURS 2021: AN UPDATE

This weekend marks the annual 48 Hours Furious Filmmaking Challenge for its 18th year. Teams from all around the country are preparing for the madness of writing, shooting, and editing a short film in just one action-packed weekend. However, the snap announcement from Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern that Auckland would spend seven days at Level 3 after the emergence of several community cases of COVID-19 in Papatoetoe, has thrown a spanner in the works for Auckland teams competing in the 48 Hours. See their announcement below:

Attention: Auckland Teams – Postponement Weekend

The 2021 Vista Foundation 48Hours was always going to operate regardless of alert level and so the March 5th – 7th shoot weekend is still going ahead as planned. But before you change channels, we have an announcement to make.

With Auckland going into a snap 7-day level 3 lockdown this week, we have had a number of enquiries from teams who have been affected and after discussions, we have a solution that works for the teams and the competition.

We are offering a one-time-only postponement shoot weekend to teams registered in the Auckland region if they can’t shoot during Level 3. 

Our Auckland teams can opt which weekend they would like to participate in, either the 5th – 7th March with the rest of the country or the postponement shoot weekend 12 – 14th March. 

There will be a new set of genres (maybe harder) and required elements for the postponement weekend.

You will need to contact our Auckland City Manager, AJ Murtagh (ajmurtagh27@gmail.com) before 5 pm Thursday, March 4th to have your registration moved to the postponement weekend. You can only change once. 

There will only be one postponement – if Auckland is still at level 3 on March 12th – 14th then teams will need to compete with the level 3 limitations. We encourage teams to use the additional week to prepare for this possibility.

Refunds

We have had a number of queries about refunds. Our policy is that we will only refund if the event is cancelled and we have stated that we will be running the competition regardless of the alert level. The only exception to this is if Auckland schools are still closed due to alert level 3 on the postponement weekend of March 12th – 14th, then a refund will be offered. 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s